However there is no use of having a million Followers when your ROI is not going anywhere. Infact if you do have lots of Followers do a quick check and see if they are Genuine Humans or Fake Accounts and Bots.
Social Media is about Relationship, be it Twitter, Facebook, the recently launched TSU [which has over 2 Million People] and so on. It is about Interaction.
So the first Tip is: Count your Interactions. Get People to Interact. Not just plain Follow.
- Count your Interactions. Get People to Interact. Not just plain Follow.
- #HashTags do not really generate a lot of Following. Surprising? Yes, it is fact that #HashTags is good for a time bound conversation. It is not for gaining Followers. Have interest based conversation and see how people will join you.
- One most important thought: Stop Self Promotion [Yourself and / or Your Brand].
- Stop right there if you are going to 'copy paste' replies. Specially the Customer Care: 'We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, we understand.......' Stop this right there. How have you treated Customer A differently from Customer B on a Platform called Social Media?!
- Reply and respect people if they have Tweeted about You or Your Brand. One of the best is to Re-Tweet. This gives everyone a chance to be seen.
- Please provide useful information. Your people will definitely cherish a 140 Character of value! They will 'favorite' your Tweet! If more then give the Link.
- Do not be anonymous. People interact with People not with Robots and just a Logo.
- Location [Not your complete address or whereabouts which can be a little risky] however it is good to know from where you are.
- Ranting away Negative thoughts is not atall the way to go.
- Be Positive, Be Transparent, Be Human, Be informative, Be Social!